Wednesday, June 03, 2009


Its May, but walking the dog can still be cold.


our little guitarist




climbing on every little sand item possible


Our bug proclaiming the love of the beach, memorial day weekend

Megs:
Since we haven't written in months, I figure why not start out with a humbling story?
Last night we had an amazing thunderstorm at exactly 2:32 am. I woke up with a jump and after a few more very intense firecracker thunder, I realized I was scared. I can't tell you the last time I was scared during a thunderstorm. I love thunderstorms, and the lightening that spiders across the sky, counting the miles between the thunder, and the authority that a storms declares. So to be suddenly scared, was mystifying, but very real. And of course, whenever pregnant and waking up in the middle of the night, you MUST pee. So I sheepishly had to wake up Fletch, to walk me to the potty.. :) He was laughing. But more embarrassing was what happened when I opened the bathroom door. Lightening struck right outside our window and I was momentarily blinded. It was so intense. And the thunder was instantaneous like a firecracker was being thrown at me. And my response?...run to fletch..let out a little yelp and be held.

shameful.

BUT I'm realizing that my imagination must be taking up new territory because the other night, I was in some serious pain, waking me every hour or so... The odd part was.. I was ok with it because I thought I was becoming a vampire.. and just going through the pains of it.. every. single. time. I. Woke. Up. ..yes.. I was convinced,
I would be an immortal.

Ah,yes. Maybe its just the vivid pregnant dreams that occur, or that I'm also shamefully addicted to the Twilight books. Who knows.


In other news, Lily is walking all over the place, has been since 9 months, and is eating everything she sees. Its a wonder she is still so skinny. I can't believe she will be a year old in a little over a month. She and her younger brother/sister to be will be 17 months apart, and I'm wondering how will I ever has the energies to do this. Especially now, with all of the first trimester tiredness. It is truly the worst part of being pregnant. Tired of being tired is an understatment, I'm exhausted of being exhausted.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I just love the pics. Especially the last one; I can just here the voice of authority in Lily's voice announcing . . . sand, ocean, or wave or something totally profound to her!